Sunday, June 30, 2013

Disclaimer

Hey there! My name is Ashley. I'm a nineteen year old, soon to be college student who just finished a one year discipleship program (earning my certificate in theology), who lives with my parents. What this all boils down to is that I love Jesus, love my family, love school, and sometimes get my priorities messed up and put those things in the wrong order. But I'm trying. And that's where this blog comes in.

 I have attended a couple different churches in my lifetime, and heard some pretty great sermons. I've gleaned some good, practical teaching points, scribbled down eagerly in my "Church notebook". But the thing is, if you scribble something down in a notebook once, and never look at it again, what good does it do?

Not much.

So this is a place where I figured I could put all my notes (reducing some notebook clutter), sharing what I have learned with others, re-hashing some things I have forgotten about, and posting some of my thoughts on the subjects in a coherent manner. Or well--semi-coherent anyways.

This is just a disclaimer saying that the sermons do not stem from my own brain, my notes are generally written verbatim (as much as possible anyways), and the knowledge comes from the speaker that I will source at the beginning of the posts. I may add some of my own thoughts in other colors, but that comes with it's own disclaimer to.

I have a certificate in theology but I am by no means a Biblical scholar, and while it may be neat to contemplate the things I may add, please do not take them as doctrine. They are simply my thoughts.

So there's that out of the way. Let's do some digging into the Word!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment